|Manages the inspection activities for the organization's products and services. Plans, directs, implements and recommends inspection of project equipment and materials. Assigns organization's or third party inspectors to complete inspections per established schedule and budget. Recommend inspection personnel for special assignments |
Essential Job Functions:
· Implements the Quality Policy, Safety Policy and Quality Objectives as required by the Quality Management System (QMS).
· Develops, executes & manages Project & Supplier Quality Programs/Plans. Review/prepare/develop (as required) Quality Specifications and Expediting Plans for inclusion into Procurement documents.
· Schedules inspection activities for supplier surveillance employing organizational resources and/or third party inspectors.
· Monitors & evaluates supplier inspection activities to ensure inspection effectiveness for determining product compliance for form fit & function.
· Reviews and critiques, for accuracy and completeness, all inspection records.
· Assures inspection / shop survey records are filed and maintained pursuant to department and company practices for retention, storage and disposal.
· Monitors supplier performance based on inspections results.
· Reviews inspection feedback from projects and clients to determine where inspection emphasis should be placed to minimize problems.
· Recommends training for assigned inspectors.
Essential Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances:
· Sets up and maintains departmental web pages, as necessary.
· Assists the organization in maintaining the Nondestructive Testing certification program for assigned inspectors.
· Reviews expense reports and time labor of assigned personnel, as required, in accordance with company practices.
· Forecasts inspection personnel needs; interviews inspector applicants and recommends inspectors for employment.
· Performs ISO 9000 quality audits, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.