Document Controller 4 - International Assignment
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Data & Information Management - 13229|
- Oversee heavy document workflow.
- Attend regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Independently plans, schedules and performs broadly defined clerical and document management tasks.
- Develops new techniques and solutions when necessary.
- Works closely with Project Management and Project Controls personnel in to meet staffing requirements.
- Initiates project start-up for Document Control and is responsible for the supervision and execution of Document Management activities within the project environment.
- Responsible for compilation and production of project information data. (ITB, FEED, and Mechanical Data Books) throughout the project life cycle. Data may be delivered in electronic format or hard copy.
- Assist and/or complete archival process.
- Frequent interaction with project team and possibly clientele depending on project needs.
- Participate and at times may coordinate departmental training and team building.
- Supports the Project Information Manager needs as required.
- Stays current in practices and procedures with participation in department training.
- Candidate must be willing to accept assignment in Cartagena, Columbia.
- Candidate must speak Spanish fluently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Typing and above average level of knowledge with main MS applications. Experience with document processing principles and practices. Seven (7+) years experience in an engineering and/or construction office with direct knowledge of processing vendor and engineering documents.
- Excellent communication skill. Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; listens and gets clarification when necessary.
- Exhibits sound judgment and demonstrates an exceptional work ethic.
- Pursues development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Practices company core values during performance and is receptive to other's views.
- Displays willingness to make decisions. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Responsive to requests for service and assistance.
- Seeks increased responsibility.
- Knowledge on utilizing Electronic Document Management Systems.
- Conceptualizes the life span of a large to complex project and grasp basic technical language.
- Manages project deadlines and other pressing time issues.
- Assists with coordination and prioritization of work for less skilled project Document Controllers to insure consistency of training, work processes and enforcement of Document Control procedures.
- Perform quality control checks to insure compliant documentation according to non-technical procedural processes and seek assistance if questionable.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.